Translate

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year

The Holidays are winding down, and its back to work tomorrow... That will start thing long few months of cold winter rides and no holidays off til Good Friday in March. 

Santa said I was on the naughty list this year, so I went out and by my own present.  A new Cannondale SuperX HiMod Cyclcocross bike. I only have about 200 miles on it so far so I don't have a solid opinion on it yet, but my first impressions are good. It is comfortable, light, and fast.

Cyclocross bikes can ride Gravel

56cm with tubes, without pedals.
That bike drops about 15 pounds from my current Trans Iowa rig. The rear tire clearance is pretty tight, 38mm is probably the max and even that would depend on brand, but the front could easily take a 40mm.


Silver Lake Park
It looks like the snow is finally here to stay, and I have been out on the fat bike a lot recently. The snow we got Monday was very heavy with moisture and has frozen up hard, which makes it perfect for fat biking.

I took the last podium spot at the Hugh Jass Fat Bike Series yesterdayand I will post on that soon. Have a good rest of your weekend everyone!