Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Kettle

 Went out to Kettle Moraine today.

It snowed overnight before I rode so the trails were completely undisturbed when I got there.  



It made for a tough ride, but good for trans iowa training.  I spent a lot of time running along the side of my bike since I couldn't get much traction up the hills in the fresh snow.  I was pretty jealous of the guys on fat bikes with snow tires, they were cruisin like it was a normal summer day.   

 
I decided to take the road back rather than the connector trail, that was a good decision.


Tricycle lawn decoration.


All said and done it took me 2.5 hours to ride 22 miles.  I probably would have been quicker on my cross country skis!  I think tomorrow morning I'm going to take the dogs out skiing with me.

Later, David

No comments:

Post a Comment