Translate

Sunday, January 18, 2015

5 Stages of a Sunrise

Stage 1 
Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5 and daytime

Lack of hills and trees = abundance of wind

Yesterday was the first day of spring around here.  36 degrees in January?  I'll take that any day!  It came at a cost though, strong winds.  I had plans for the afternoon so if I wanted to achieve my goals, I would have to get out early.

I have never done a century in January.  I don't think I've ever attempted a century in January.  I started off with soul crushing headwinds for the first 40 miles, heading straight into the wind to get it out of the way.  Then turned around and flew back north for fifty miles.  At mile 91 I started to get some hunger grumbling, and reached for my sweet and salty nut bar, but it was gone.  I must have dropped it.  I had no food, 3 empty bottles, and 9 miles of headwinds left.  

All I could do was smile and take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment