Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lincoln Park Crit




Took the train to Chicago Saturday

Commuting from Irving Park To Lincoln Park

Cold and cloudy for the morning race.

The Lincoln Park Crit U-turn was sketchy, but I passed through 30 times without a crash.


The Macho Man in Crit mode


Lake shore and all city

The white caps illustrate the high winds

On the train headed home

All City Head-tube badge

     I wasn't planning on doing anymore crits for awhile, but after last weeks disappointing finish I had to redeem myself.  So I hopped the train and headed down to Chicago for the  xXx Lincoln Park Criterium.  This week I performed much better than my first crit last weekend, which you can read about here.

      I raced the Cat 5 in the morning under a cloudy sky and cool temps.  The race went really well, I stayed near the front and even won a prime (pronounced "preem").   I took off on the last lap a little early, and ended up third of 60+.  I was content with that, it wasn't a win but a podium finish is cool.  

     The next race was Cat 4/5, and I could tell right from the beginning that I was riding with some strong guys, that or I was not fully recovered from my previous effort.  They took off hard, and I just sat back in the pack for most of the race.  Toward the last few laps I worked my way up front, but couldn't hold it with the insane wind.  On the second to last lap I executed my plan which was to get on the inside of the U-turn and cut everyone off, but the leaders saw that coming and boxed me in.  So I dropped back in the pack again.  Ended up 11th in the Cat 4/5, which I again was pleased with. 

     Overall it was a great day on the bike, no crashes and some good hard efforts.  The Trans Iowa taper is going well, with less miles but harder and shorter rides. Two weeks away... I'm getting pretty pumped.

-David


No comments:

Post a Comment