Translate

Monday, July 14, 2014

Pisgah National Forest Clawhammer




Before we headed south, I looked around online and found the "clawhammer."  It was incredibly difficult, and if you get the opportunity to go down that way I would highly recommend it.  I would not recommend taking a single speed though!

The trails were very eroded which made it extremely technical, as you can see in the first picture.  If I had gears, with one of those newer 40+ tooth rear cassettes, I could have ridden a lot more, but with the tall gearing I just couldn't maintain enough momentum to climb.

Even with the recent switch to single speed I still had a great time in the mountains.  I just parked on the side of a forest service road, rode for a bit until I took a right on the single track, then climbed and climbed and climbed.

I hung out at the top lookout for awhile, then headed back down.  Coming back was much easier then headed up.  My brakes were cooked by the time I got back.

My only complaint was I didn't spend enough time out there.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment